Date: Sunday, 26 March 2023
Venue: Val de Vie Estate
Public Parking will be available at Val de Vie Estate. Please ask your supporter to enter the estate via the Berg River Bridge entrance and follow the signage to the designated parking area. Supporters are welcome.
ONCE YOU ARE AN OFFICIAL FINISHER…
The Grand Finale is a busy and exciting day! To help you through the process smoothly and ensure you don’t miss out on any opportunities, here is a preview of what you can expect once you’ve crossed that finish line:
- Your timing chip will be removed, and your emergency button returned on the finish line. If these items are not returned, you will be charged ZAR 1000 per device.
- Hand your bike to our bike park assistants, who will have it washed and stored in the bike park for you.
- You will receive your medal on stage, with Sportograf capturing the moment for you. Your images from the entire race week will be available on sportograf.com within a few days of the race.
- Once you leave the stage you will be guided to the finisher tent where you will receive your finisher t-shirt, finisher sticker and finisher picnic
- If you are a new or existing Amabubesi member, or a new Epic Legend, look out for the dedicated area in the finishers’ tent.
GETTING BACK TO CAPE TOWN
If you’ve purchased a post-accommodation package, remember to collect your luggage and bike bag/box from the Val de Vie bag truck.
After celebrating your finish of the 2023 Absa Cape Epic and enjoying the festivities of the Grand Finale, please head to the Rider Bag truck to collect your Rider Bag and the Val de Vie bag truck by Big Box to collect any luggage that you stored in this truck on registration day.
Your bike must be packed in a bike bag or box for your return to the hotel. Your bike will not be loaded onto the truck if it is not in a bike box/bag.
The Bike Transfer truck will be stationed next to the exit of the bike park. Follow the signage to locate the bike transfer truck. Give yourself enough time to pack your bag/box your bike and load it onto the bike transfer truck before you board the coach. Your bagged/boxed bike will arrive at the hotel later that evening. We will notify you once the truck has arrived and you can collect you bike in the hotel foyer.